Re: Free alternative for Plesk on Debian

On Tue Jan 06, 2009 at 16:36:49 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> The CLI will do everything that Plesk does and more. The learning
> curve is only slightly higher, but with Google and this list you will
> find it _easier_ in the long run.

  There are open-source hosting panels.  In my experience
 all of the common ones have flaws - some minor some major.
 You can find an incomplete list here:

    http://wiki.debian.org/HostingControlPanels

  Every year or so I test each of them, and every year I'm disappointed.
  I sometimes support Plesk, and while it has problems it is pretty
 slick.

  ObDisclaimer:  I'm involved in this http://vhost.bytemark.co.uk/

Steve
--