Re: [OT] mailing lists versus usenet / reply to list, reply-to, reply

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:27:44 -0800
Ken Teague <kteague@pobox.com> wrote:

> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > See, I just think you guys should stop using bad clients.  ;)  Kmail
> > replies to the list (and only to the list) by default.  (Which, actually,
> > appears to be a violation on the relevant standards.  :P)

There is a reply to list extension to thunderbird

http://alumnit.ca/wiki/index.php?page=ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension

personally I use claws-mail though (formerly sylpheed) don't know if it has a
windows version. among other things because it has the delete thread command
which I'm missing from thunderbird.

I also like to process my mail with fetchmail/procmail and store it in a Mail
directory in mh format, something that thunderbird and evolution don't
support, don't know about kmail (I don't use kde apps, they spawn too many
daemons. Try to avoid gnome apps as well, but they still spawn a LOT less
daemons. They are quite large in terms of memory though)

sylpheed is gtk, although still heavy (used to use mutt but it doesn't support
hebrew mails, at least not properly)