Re: Lenny: which arch for a Intel Core 2 Duo?

On 2009-01-05 21:02 +0100, Aneurin Price wrote:

> I'm puzzled as to why you consider Gmail's behaviour to be erroneous.
> Using 'reply' (as opposed to 'followup'/'reply to all') should correctly address
> a mail to the reply-to address (which was not set in the mail which prompted
> this discussion), or faling that, to the original sender. Anything else would be
> simply wrong. If it's true that Gmail does not honour reply-to, then that would
> be a problem, but irrelevant given that it wasn't set in the first place.

This is true.

> I understand that the debian-user policy is to address only the list on
> followups, but that's a different issue (and really I think anyone wanting this
> sort of nonstandard behaviour ought to set mail-followup-to as god intended,
> rather than relying on every poster to remember that the list has a policy
> which is inverted compared to standard practice, but that's another issue
> again, and certainly not worth arguing over...).

Apart from Mail-Followup-to, there is also the List-Post header which
points to the address of this list, see RFC 2369.  IMHO everyone who
posts on Debian lists should use an MUA that supports this or some other
reply-to-list command, else they get mad; using reply-all and stripping
out unwanted addresses is not really fun.

Sven