Re: k3b & brasero don't work, nerolinux does- works ar 2X

On Mon January 5 2009, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > ok, I'm not sure if it was the addition of the new cdrecord that I
> > installed, but this just worked:
> > $ makedvd -burn -speed 2
>
> Are you sure it it using the "new cdrecord"?
no, how would I know? the man page doesn't show any options for cdrcord vs
wodim..

> > so it will now burn again at 2X. I'm almost positive that i tried 2X
> > before... I'm tired of making coasters, so for now, I can live with that.
> > It's not like I burn DVDs every day...
> > I'm just glad to get it working. I'll try K3B at 2X maybe later..
>
> I know what you mean about coasters! It is a pain to debug probs like
> this.
I wouldn't mind, if it actually fixed the problem..
I birned another coaster using makedvd this morning, even though I
specified -speed 2, it burned at 4x and made me a coaster. Nero Linux burned
at 4x and made me a video DVD..
24 days of Nero left to solve this, or I have to buy Nero..

> Presumably you would have had the same problem trying to burn an audio
> CD, although, DVD burning is disk-at-once whereas CD burning is
> track-at-once and thence may help to determine the cause.

THAT was a question I was going to ask! I knew there was an option for track
at once, but the DVD burning option is greyed out..
my only choice is DAO, so now it seems that is correct, and the only option.

> It would be a shame if wodim wasn't "doing its job for Debian Users."

yeah..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800