udevd problems

Hello all,
When my Debian system is booting it hangs at
Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd

The boot just stalls and no other info is give.
^C allows the boot to continue and everything (as far as I can tell)
works fine after that.

System info:
Debian lenny: 2.6.26-1-686 #1 SMP Mon Dec 15 18:15:07 UTC 2008 i686
GNU/Linux
I am using LDAP for user authentication
and egroupware

Any ideas as to what the problem is or how to get more debug info?

Thanks.
--
Gerard Hooton.
Department of Microelectronic Engineering U.C.C.

Tel: +353 21 4904576
Fax: +353 21 4904573
http://www.ue.ucc.ie/