Re: k3b & brasero don't work, nerolinux does- works ar 2X

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 07:37:56AM -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Sat January 3 2009, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > Have you changed/upgraded any hardware, in particular, added any HDs?
> > Does /var/log/syslog show anything interesting?
> > Does it work from the command-line, using videotrans or tovid or ...?
>
> ok, I'm not sure if it was the addition of the new cdrecord that I installed,
> but this just worked:
> $ makedvd -burn -speed 2

Are you sure it it using the "new cdrecord"?

> so it will now burn again at 2X. I'm almost positive that i tried 2X before...
> I'm tired of making coasters, so for now, I can live with that. It's not like
> I burn DVDs every day...
> I'm just glad to get it working. I'll try K3B at 2X maybe later..

I know what you mean about coasters! It is a pain to debug probs like
this.

Presumably you would have had the same problem trying to burn an audio
CD, although, DVD burning is disk-at-once whereas CD burning is
track-at-once and thence may help to determine the cause.

It would be a shame if wodim wasn't "doing its job for Debian Users."

--
Chris.
======