Re: mousewheel scroll

Hugo Vanwoerkom a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Sid, using the evdev mousedriver in xorg.conf, scrolling is terrible.
> It just is unworkable. Have to use the scrollbar.
>
> Unfortunately using FF on XP under VMware it's terrific.
>
> Anybody have good experiences with mousewheel scroll?
>
> What driver do you use?
>
> Update the driver?
>
> hugo@debian:~$ apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-input-evdev
> xserver-xorg-input-evdev:
>   Installed: 1:1.2.0-1
>   Candidate: 1:2.0.8-1
>   Version table:
>      1:2.0.8-1 0
>         500 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>  *** 1:1.2.0-1 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> Hugo

Hi,

I use evdev on a Lenny/Sid and don't have problems with scrolling:

Package: xserver-xorg-input-evdev
Architecture: amd64
Version: 1:2.1.0-1

If you're referring to Iceweasel then there's settings you can change
easily in the "settings" panel (like disabling smooth and/or auto
scrolling) , or you can use an add-on like "SmoothWheel" or "Yet Another
Smooth Scrolling" which are easy to configure and full of options.

What video driver are you using ? Is the bad scrolling linked to some
web pages only, like Flash ?

Tom