Re: USB External hdd issues

On 01/04/09 06:11, Clifford W. Hansen wrote:
On Sunday 04 January 2009 12:48:40 Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sun,04.Jan.09, 10:22:15, Clifford W. Hansen wrote:

[...]

My problem is that when connected via USB2 (which the drive is
supposed to be), the drive disconnects:
[...]

Could be hardware problems. Can you try the drive on USB2 in another
computer?

Regards,
Andrei

Sorry forgot to mention that, I have tried it on a couple of linux boxen with the same result.

I have also tried a couple of cables aswell with the same result.

Either the USB circuitry in the enclosure is faulty, or the drive is dying.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.