Re: k3b & brasero don't work, nerolinux does

On Sat January 3 2009, Chris Bannister wrote:
> Have you changed/upgraded any hardware, in particular, added any HDs?
yes, actually I did add a second HD.. /dev/sdb

> Does /var/log/syslog show anything interesting?
It did show some errors but, no one at the time mentioned anything.

> Does it work from the command-line, using videotrans or tovid or ...?

no, I always used the command line & tovid, makedvd -burn...

> If it is a CD/DVD/RW drive, can you rip/burn a cd?
I haven't burned one in a while..

> Does it play a known good DVD?
yes. After Nero Linux burns a DVD, I always play it.
And I actually got errors with Nero the other day, and moved the burn speed
down to 4X to get it to work.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800