Issues with PCF and BDF Fonts after regular lenny updates

I do my usual Lenny/Testing updates every couple of days and this time
however, my terminal and X fonts are messed up.

The curios thing is that it is only PCF or BDF fonts. TrueType fonts
display correctly.

For example, I use slim X11 session manager and this specific theme
uses snap.pcf (from artwiz). It can't seem to find snap.pcf and thus
defaults to Bitstream or some other font.

Same issue with urxvt. I use Dina.bdf for that and now it displays a
super large font. If I change urxvt to use Liberation Sans or Courier,
everything works as expected.

After looking at logs, I figured the only cause was my last set of
updates included updates to fontconfig. I searched bug reports but to
no avail.

I am not too familiar with fonts on linux systems so any help would be
appreciated. Maybe I just need to rebuild the font caches? How do I do
that?

Also, I don't use GNOME or KDE so CLI method is preferable.

Thanks,
Amit