Re: tomcat5.5 does not start

Marcus Better wrote:

Terrence Brannon wrote:

For some reason, tomcat5.5 will not start on port 8180 as documented.

What version are you using?

the debian/stable version

root@li2-168:/usr/share/tomcat5.5/bin# ./startup.sh

You should probably not be using that. There is a startup script in
/etc/init.d, it should get launched on boot.

I see, perhaps the docs should say that sort of thing?
I also suggest you use the tomcat5.5 package from testing, since it has
seen numerous bug fixes.

well, the server works fine now that I have rebooted my machine...HOWEVER: I cannot login into the Tomcat admin panel... and /usr/share/doc/tomcat5.5-admin does not have any information about the default username/password for it