Iceweasel view_source.editor.external broken?

Hello:

This morning, on my testing system, I did my usual daily upgrade, which included a new Iceweasel (3.0.4-1).  I have, in my config, set view_source.editor.external to true, and view_source.editor.path to /usr/bin/gedit.  Until now, this has meant that Ctrl-U opens the webpage source in gedit.  But now, the source opens in the default Iceweasel viewer, in which, of course, I can't edit.  Any help?

Patrick