Re: Very slim Desktop Manager

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 00:11:12 -0600

> On 11/17/08 21:44, s. keeling wrote:
> > Micha <michf@post.tau.ac.il>:
> >>  I have to admit that even in X I have several consoles always open as
> >> they can make things work a lot better. I don't switch to the console for
> >> two reasons, I do use some X apps (I prefer to browse with firefox, and
> >> even that is not always enough due to badly written pages) and the second
> >> is that I like mouse copy/paste and I don't feel like setting up the mouse
> >> for the console.
> >
> > Not to mention, gpm config is a black art.  I have no clue how to gpm
> > my mouse, and haven't for years.
>
> The Shame, oh The Shame!
>
> >                                   I knew how long ago, but gpm is not
> > easy these days.
>
> Time to install Vista...

Wouldn't do it if my life depended on it ;-)

> >                   What protocol does a three button, serial, logitech
> > mouse use?  None of what I've tried work.  M/N:M-M35?

I played with it at the time but I still have the trauma of trying to properly
configure gpm to work with the touch pad and an external mouse and make all
this cooperate with X while keeping the scrolling feature of synaptic in X and
allow the external mouse to be hotplugable.

I guess I'm scared of trying to integrate the previous with a bluetooth
mouse ...