Re: Very slim Desktop Manager

On 11/17/08 21:44, s. keeling wrote:
Micha <michf@post.tau.ac.il>:
 I have to admit that even in X I have several consoles always open as they can
 make things work a lot better. I don't switch to the console for two reasons,
 I do use some X apps (I prefer to browse with firefox, and even that is not
 always enough due to badly written pages) and the second is that I like mouse
 copy/paste and I don't feel like setting up the mouse for the console.

Not to mention, gpm config is a black art.  I have no clue how to gpm
my mouse, and haven't for years.

The Shame, oh The Shame!

                                  I knew how long ago, but gpm is not
easy these days.

Time to install Vista...

                  What protocol does a three button, serial, logitech
mouse use?  None of what I've tried work.  M/N:M-M35?

$ apt-cache show mdetect
Package: mdetect
Section: utils
Installed-Size: 40
Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.5.2.1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1)
Filename: pool/main/m/mdetect/mdetect_0.5.2.1_i386.deb
Size: 16516
MD5sum: 0efa44bd926f8d9782b601c3cc8ab20d
SHA1: fe27a7d522abece6f6fdb1b7bb84fd77c2df08a4
SHA256: 97d50dd128e444c98aae7e118c03c878df4ff7aa7414048af7fb0b930ba3e702
mdetect is a tool for autoconfiguring mice; it is typically used as the backend to some user-friendly frontend code. mdetect writes the autodetected mouse device and protocol (as used by gpm) to standard output. It can be
 invoked so as to produce output appropriate for XFree86 X server
 configuration files.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!