Re: Very slim Desktop Manager

2008/11/7 Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@vianet.ca>:
> What size hard drives have you had your box recognize?  My box is an IBM
> and its BIOS baulks at many 8GB drives and all larger ones.

I had a 486DX4-120 32MB running as my firewall / storage file server
at one time, I had a 2GB disc as a boot and root, and another 40GB
disc as everything else. The bios didn't recognise the 40GB disc but
Linux was able to find and use all of it.

I wish I still had that hardware, it cost almost nothing to run, was
quite capable and quiet. A Lightening storm took out everything but
the hard drive, even it is getting fussy now.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.