Re: Wireless network is not working

Allan Dreyer Andersen wrote:

> Sven Joachim skrev:
>> Do you use network-manager?  There are lots of open bugs against it, for
>> instance http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=430580 might
>> be related to your problem.
>>
> Yes I use network-manager. Looks like you are right with the issues with
> the network-manager application.
>
> I've a Ubuntu live cd, and there isn't any problem and the
> network-manager works as it should. Package version is 0.7.0 and Debian
> only is at 0.6.6 so guess I have to wait for a Debian package.
>
> Thanks a lot for your time and input guys.

I had a problem with ubuntu with the network-manager in general. It got
solved as I removed everything from /etc/network/interfaces except lo and
added permitions for networkmanager in dbus.
The wireless is still a bit wired. I have intel3945 and I have sometimes to
reload the driver to get it working (when I boot with wlan switched off).
Usually it works when I enable with the wireless switch on the notebook,
sometimes 'iwconfig wlan0 txpower on' or over a gui.

regards