Re: flashplayer v10

Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 00:09:45 -0600
gary turner <gary.kk5st@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello gary,

The last upgrade of flashplayer-mozilla to v10.0.12.36-0.4 (amd-64)
from v9.0.124 killed flash for me in all browsers.  I tried removing
and re-installing, but no joy.

I found I was still using v9.0.124 (or seemed to be) until I copied
libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins.  Maybe that will fix your
problem.

The only things I found were
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins/npwrapper.libflashwrapper.so
/usr/lib/firefox/plugins/npwrapper.libflashwrapper.so

After creatin the plugins directory, I copied the file to ~/.mozilla/plugins/, and restarted iceweasel. No change.

There is this file, ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat which has this:

14:video/flv:Flash video:flv:$
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so:$
:$
1215282747000:1:5:$
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r124:$
Shockwave Flash:$
2
0:application/x-shockwave-flash:Shockwave Flash:swf:$
1:application/futuresplash:FutureSplash Player:spl:$

I don't know how that works, but I'd guess it tells Iceweasel, at least, where to look.

cheers,

gary
--
Anyone can make a usable web site. It takes a graphic
designer to make it slow, confusing and painful to use.