Re: cups-pdf [Solved]

On Monday 03 November 2008, Celejar wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:00:47 +0100
>
> Chris <list.hurschler@gmx.de> wrote:

> > > Take a screenshot, save it as png, upload it to imagebin.org and post a
> > > link.
> > >
> > > --
> > >  Michael Iatrou (mrlj)
> >
> > ok.  The first image is a fragment of a payment form from Ebay, the text
> > is unreadable
> >
> > http://imagebin.org/30257
> >
> > the second image
> >
> > http://imagebin.org/30259
> >
> > is a printout of the website
> >
> > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez/
> >
> > the text is also mangled in this image,
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can give me.  It used to work fine.  I am running
> > an up to date Lanny system.
> >
> > Chris
>
> I had a very similar problem recently, which Florian helped me to solve
> (with great patience and graciousness).  The thread begins here:

> I believe that the steps that solved the problem for me were installing
> ttf-liberation (and then restarting X), and disabling bitmaps in
> fontconfig-config.
>
> > C. Hurschler
>
> Celejar
> --
> mailmin.sourceforge.net - remote access via secure (OpenPGP) email
> ssuds.sourceforge.net - A Simple Sudoku Solver and Generator

Thanks!

Somewhere in the tread it was suggestd to intall:  "msttcorefonts,
gsfonts-x11, and ttf-bitstream-vera"

After installing msttcorefonts the the problem seems solved on my system.  The
Fonts listed by pdffonts changed from:

name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
EPPOJK+f-0-0                         TrueType          yes yes no      10  0
EPPOPF+f-1-0                         TrueType          yes yes no      11  0
FAACML+f-7-0                         TrueType          yes yes no      28  0
[none]                               Type 3            yes no  yes     18  0
[none]                               Type 3            yes no  yes     19  0
[none]                               Type 3            yes no  yes     20  0
[none]                               Type 3            yes no  yes     24  0
[none]                               Type 3            yes no  yes     26  0

to:

name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
WFRXYX+f-2-0                         TrueType          yes yes yes     13  0
UFQSLH+f-5-0                         TrueType          yes yes yes     46  0
ITPEVV+f-6-0                         TrueType          yes yes yes     49  0
HSAEUE+f-4-0                         TrueType          yes yes yes     43  0
VKJNGT+f-1-0                         TrueType          yes yes yes     11  0
YNAHAD+f-0-0                         TrueType          yes yes yes      8  0
[none]                               Type 3            yes no  yes     16  0

and the file looks fine.  I also installed ttf-bitstream-vera to be safe.  On
my system ttf-liberation was already installed.

I have not made any changes to my system since installing it from the Lenny
netinstall iso about two and a half months ago.

Chris

--
C. Hurschler