Re: Totem Media Player plugin not working ...

Patrick Wiseman:
> http://www.minack.com/dayvisitors/stream.html
>
> My system is amd64, testing.  The media player plugin is
> Totem<http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/>
> 2.22.2.  I get a failure to load Media Player at the above site.  Any
> thoughts?

The Totem media player plugin works pretty well these days.
This appears to be one of those rare cases where it doesn't yet.
In these cases it usually works to find the stream address and play it
with the standalone Totem player.

In Iceape: View > Page Info, tab 'Media'
or in Iceweasel: Tools > Page Info, tab 'Media'.

There you'll find the address of the stream:

    http://stream11.finetra.co.uk/minack

which can be played with Totem:

    totem http://stream11.finetra.co.uk/minack

Works fine here, using Totem 2.22.2.