Re: Etch - Netinst - Asus laptop - Problem

Hi,

Thank you for answering so fast.

Unfortunately, installing Debian is an "extra" for me
(I do it when I have some free time) and I am presently
overwhelmed with work. I cannot handle the problem
right now.

> Which kernel are you booting with?

I can't tell you that right now ; the one which comes with:
"http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz";.

> Try lenny for laptops. I think the linux version there has
> support for this card, though not quite sure.

How can it be checked?

> alternatively you can install into directory with debootstrap
> as described here:
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/426
> update your installation with chrooting into it and add the
> driver you need.

Ok, I can see it's not trivial.

> I prefer installing into a directory.

I really do not understand what you refer to here...

Thank you for all your tips.

Regards,
--
Lmhelp