Re: Gnome Logout/Shutdown

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Michal R. Hoffmann <misiek_spam@o2.pl> wrote:
> I'm not sure if I understand you well, but have you tried this:
> - right-click on the top panel
> - select Add To Panel
> - select Shut Down in the dialog
> - click on the Add button
>
> But normally you'd just select menu System/Shut Down

well I had set all that up, the problem is that under the system menu
there is only the "logout"option which presents me with the choice of
"Logout", "Cancel" and "Switch User". The applet "(whatever it's
called correctly, green little guy walking to the right) presents me
with the same options. I cannot shutdown as the user I logged in.

Closing the lid puts the Notebook to sleep (hibernate, suspend)
correctly depending on the power being plugged or not. I just don't
have any way to shut down from menu or the "Log Out"-button added to
the top panel (or the System Menu)

/martin

--
http://www.xing.com/profile/Martin_Marcher

You are not free to read this message,
by doing so, you have violated my licence
and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.