Re: cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 09:08:44 -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
I'm getting killed by my cups printer.

What do you find in /var/log/cups/error_log and /var/log/cups/access_log
on the server after such a failed print attempt? (You may have to set
the loglevel to debug and restart CUPS if you have not done so already.)

Thanks for the help.  I spent most of the day on this and finally cracked it.
I sent an email to the maintainers because I think it's tied to three bugs and also to this list.

It comes down to this:
I picked up some upgrades that put me on "bad" code that couldn't handle something. One line of reference has to do with the kernel, libgutenprint, and cups. I went from Kernel 2.6.8 to 2.6.26 (everything went from stable to testing - cups, gutenprint, foomatic) and it's working great now.

But the No Authentication Data Provided error continues, but it doesn't stop anything from working. So my "care factor" is really now on that one.