Re: grub re-install

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 05:51:29 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:

>> I just thought there might be some way that is easier than the CD or
>> manual editing (which I'm doing now).  I don't really wat to do either
>> every time the other OS does a kernel-upgrade (its sidux).
>
> I can think of two ways around it:
>
> 1. Use chain-loading. Tell your "main" grub to load the other grub,
> which can reside on the partition (not mbr).

Yes, always install the boot loader to local partition (not mbr).

When you have done a kernel-upgrade, just use 'update-grub' to update the
grub menu automatically, that's what the debian installer actually uses.

Ref, http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/disk/boot/boot06-Grub/

hth

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)