Re: Way OT: OpenDNS

On 09/14/08 02:43, Nate Duehr wrote:
[snip]

Where I live in the U.S. we do have what's called a "Make my day" law,

I've never heard it called that

where if someone is IN YOUR HOUSE threatening your life, you can shoot them. They even so much make it outside to the front porch, and you shoot there, you're probably going to jail for a very very long time. Frankly, anyone who knows guns also knows that regular guns are a menace inside a residential structure... you're as likely to fire the thing through the wall and kill the kids sleeping in the next room as you are to hit the bad guy in the house.

Frangible ammunition.  Been around for 30 years.

Shotguns are the proper weapon for home protection, not handguns. Handguns are for shooting beer cans with your buddies.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

hook beneath it."  -- Thomas Jefferson