Re: Multiseat volume settings?

Tyler MacDonald wrote:
My daughter and I share a multiseat debian setup. I'm using gnome and she
uses KDE. I like to listen to music using amarok. She likes to play games
whose sound get annoying after awhile, like gcompris or childsplay, or
http://www.nickjr.com/playtime/ or http://www.boohbah.com/ .
The problem is that the volume knob controls both of our volumes, since
we're sharing a sound card. And when I turn up the volume in the gnome
volume control applet, her KDE desktop gets louder as well.

Is there any way to separate the volume on a per-desktop basis, so that I
can make her clicks and whirs quieter and my music louder?

I have a multiseat, but 2 soundcards...

Hugo