Re: mdadm raid5 giving me heartburn.....

further, when i try to execute any of these mdadm commands on the
/dev/mdX devices, I get errors like:
mdadm: fail to stop array /dev/md0: Device or resource busy

How can i get past them ?? did i miss a step ???

I keep on seeing debian LiveCD , what is that ? how will this help ??
is the is the regular debian cd, but in rescue mode ???

the layout of my drives is such:

500g /dev/sda1,/dev/sda5,/dev/sda6
500g /dev/sdb1,/dev/sdb5,/dev/sdb6
400g /dev/sdc5
400g /dev/sdd5

md0 = 300meg = /boot
md1 = 10gig = swap
md2 = 400gig =/

Can you give a good faq..that is really helpfull...i googled a lot and
came up empty
If you give me a step by step - i would also appriciate it..because i
think i am missing a step.
thanks for your help.