init.d startup script does not exit

Hello,

I have a script that launches a program.  If I launch this program
manually, it keeps on running in the shell.  It is a webserver, so I
need it running all the time.  However, if I exit the shell, it kills
the webserver.

I tried putting links to it in the rc0.d, rc1.d etc to make it start
during startup, but it keeps on going during startup and never starts
the other services.

here is my script in /etc/init.d/coldfusion

#!/bin/sh -e
sAppName="ColdFusion 8"
sUser=cfuser
COLDFUSION_HOME=/opt/jrun4
case "$1" in
start)
echo "Starting ${sAppName} as user $sUser..."
su ${sUser} -c "$COLDFUSION_HOME/bin/jrun -start instance01"
exit 0
;;
stop)
echo "Stopping ${sAppName}..."
su ${sUser} -c "$COLDFUSION_HOME/bin/jrun -stop instance01"
;;
restart)
echo "Restarting ${sAppName}..."
su ${sUser} -c "$COLDFUSION_HOME/bin/jrun -restart instance01"
;;
status)
su ${sUser} -c "$COLDFUSION_HOME/bin/jrun -status instance01"
;;
*)
echo "usage: /etc/init.d/coldfusion {stop|start|restart|status}"
exit 1
esac
exit 0
###### EOF

When I run #/etc/init.d/coldfusion start, it displays the startup
messages, until it hits:

09/13 23:31:40 info Deploying EJB "JRunSQLInvoker" from:
file:/opt/jrun4/lib/jrun-comp.ear
Server instance01 ready (startup time: 23 seconds)

and then the program/cursor is just there, waiting... forever...

It does not exit.  If this was in the startup, I would never get to the
user login.

And, if I press Ctrl-C, then the program terminates, but then webserver
is dead.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks!

- - Rex