Re: config

abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> I 've just install Linuxmint  close to ubuntu, (I know this is not
> pure debian, the question is general)

... but this is the debian-user list, not the general-question list...

> I tried to configure the epson printer 6200, (on paralelle port), it
> is detected, it seems running correctly;, but when I send the test
> page nothind is printer. I used cups thru the web localhost::631, I
> do it again with the admin printer in elyssa menu(XFCE), same problem.
> You don't give enough information for in order to helpful.

What is your printer? I don't find any "Epson printer 6200". My closest
match is the "Epson EPL-6200", but there might be other printers that
match your description, like the EPL-6200L, which appears to be a
completely different printer to the EPL-6200.

Which printer driver (backend) have you set up? How did you do it? How
do you come to the conclusion, that it "seems running correctly"? What,
if anything, is running correctly?

http://openprinting.org has lots of useful information on printers and
its support within linux. Most of its information is independent of the
linux distribution used.

HTH, good luck,

Johannes

NB: Your subject line is not very instructive.