Re: Video with Etch Chroot on amd64?

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Thomas H. George wrote:
> I used debootstap to create an chroot ia32 etch system and have set it to start
> at F8 and start gnome on F9.  All works well except playing video's
> (Youtube, NYTimes, etc.)  The video's fail with a message that
> Macromedia Flash 9 must be installed.  I can't do this because the
> system is booted with a 2.6.26-1-amd64 kernel.

Could you not copy the Flash plugin .so file (which can be downloaded
from Adobe's website) to the browser's plugin directory mounted in the
chroot? Or am I misunderstanding it?

> The instructions I followed in creating the chroot system implied it is
> possible to play the video's.  If so, what have I failed to install?

While I may not have the answer to your question, I wonder why you do
need the chroot if the sole purpose is to play Flash videos etc.;
because I am able to use Flash on an amd64 using nspluginwrapper
without having to start the browser from a chroot. Do you have any
other purpose served by possessing the chroot? I'd like to know if
there is something for which a 32-bit chroot would be an absolute
necessity.

Thanks.
--
Kumar Appaiah