Re: [OT] was Re: diff display

On 2008-Sep-10, at 7:31 AM, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

On 2008-09-10 09:52, James A. Donald wrote:
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/      James A. Donald

I am happy that I am privileged to live in a society that has abandoned
that kind of morality that probably was custom around the stone ages,
but has since experienced the advancement of civilisation.

Umm. The quote is about rights. Rights are an intrinsic part of every person. They don't change depending on where (or when) you live.

And rights have nothing to do with "need". If you never need to defend yourself, good for you. But you still have a right to.

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

---