Re: apt-proxy: can't use more than 1 backend

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:03:39 -0400, Celejar  <celejar@gmail.com> said:

> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:14:54 +0200
> Gilles Mocellin <gilles.mocellin@free.fr> wrote:

>> Le Friday 25 July 2008 18:34:17 Peter Daum, vous avez écrit :
>> > I am trying to get apt-proxy to work on a test machine running
>> > lenny.
>> [...]
>>
>> > Generally, apt-proxy doesn't really look overly trustworthy (on
>> > every start there is a python warning about telnet being
>> > deprecated), but there doesn't seem to be any better alternative (I
>> > don't want to run a full-blown apache server).
>> >
>> > Peter
>>
>> I switched last year to approx, far more stable for me.

> I, too.  I used to have trouble with apt-proxy; I now use approx and
> I'm happy with it.

        apt-proxy used to have an option of using more than one backend
 for a repository; so my debian alias had more than one backend, since
 ftp.us.debian.org is sometimes flakey for me. I don't see that option
 for approx; which is not a big deal, though.

        Also, I guess I'll have to bind mount the old apt-proxt
 repository over /var/cache/approx.

        manoj
--
DISCLAIMER: Use of this advanced computing technology does not imply an
endorsementof Western industrial civilization.