Re: cgi-bin stopped working in apache ?! please help SOLVED

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 3:54 PM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:

> Just a guess :
>
> 1) the new entry you have added to /etc/apache2/sites-available (and
> sites-enabled) is called e.g. "darcs", which for some reason precedes
> "default" in the directory.
> 2) in the apache.conf, there is something like
> Include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/*
> 3) so now, when Apache starts, it "includes" the configuration of your new
> Virtual Host *before* it includes the "default" Virtual Host.
> 4) as a result, the default virtual host is no longer "default", but
> "darcs", and nothing works anymore like before.
> (It is the new default because it is now the first defined virtual host in
> your setup)
>

> Check :
> rename /etc/apache2/sites-available/darcs to
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/xxx (and the same for sites-enabled), and
> restart Apache.  Does it work again ?
>
> Am I close ?
>
> André

Hi André,

I figured it out before I read your message but yes that seems to be
what happened. I have removed the other terms from
/etc/apache2/sites-available/darcs in ServerAlias so it now has:

<VirtualHost *:80>
       ServerName darcs.jesujuva.org
       ServerAlias darcs.jesujuva.org
       DocumentRoot /var/www/darcs
</VirtualHost>

I restarted apache and it works. Someone had recommended I add those
terms to ServerAlias and that is what screwed me up. This was the
first time I setup a virtual host so I must be careful what *advice* I
apply :-) BTW by ServerName it is the subdomain (ie.
http://darcs.jesujuva.org) and then what is the difference exactly
between that and ServerAlias?

Zach