Re: A viable mutt

Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:
> Are you sure about this ?

    As of the last time I tested mutt imap, yes, without question.  In fact I
had gone so far as to take a screencast of mutt deleting 200 messages by
copying it to the local machine then uploading it to the trash folder.
However, those configuration files have since disappeared.  I deleted the
screencast when someone else confirmed what I was saying.  Posting a
screencast at that time seemed overly pedantic.

> Indeed, when I copy one or several messages from one folder to
> another, the server log shows me mutt used a COPY command:

    Ok, that is manual copies, I presume.

> It's all fine IMHO.

    Now enable trash and see what it does there.  It is entirely possible they
have fixed that issue since the last time I tried mutt over imap (which was,
incidentally, not all that long ago
<http://linux.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/Debian/2008-02/msg00724.html>).  Of
course it would be rather humorous since it would make pretty much most of
this thread, including my starting it, moot.

    Which is fine.  I can laugh at myself.  ;)