Re: Problem scrolling back in runlevel 2. Etch netinst

Michael Mohn wrote:
have you tried to scoll back using shift-page up and so on?

You mean activating ypan? When I do that it just beeps.
But I know it is active:

kernel: [ 23.111775] uvesafb: scrolling: ypan using protected mode interface, yres_virtual=1536

I find references to shift-page up but not to what that actually does. Or how to check what that is supposed to do.

I tried 'fbset -move up' but that also just beeps.

For 'scroll-back' in a console I usually use the 'script'command and then look at the typescript file with an editor.

But it would be nice to get ypan working!

Hugo