RE: proftpd issue

Hi

I’ve been through this when installed proftpd.
After reading through many sites I also found that it seemed that the only solution to make it work was to change the server type. It never worked for me.

However, it seems that I had some newbie luck.
What I did was to go to /etc/inetd.conf and find section STANDARD and set the line:

ftp   stream   tcp   nowait   root   /usr/sbin/tcpd   /usr/sbin/in.proftpd

IT WORKED after this.

The path to in.proftpd is wrong from the start.

Regards