Re: A viable mutt

?????????? ?. ???????? wrote:
> The problem is that Mutt is agnostic to 'accounts', I'll give you that one, but
> I don't think it'd a useful feature -- think about it, what's an account other
> than a From: field?

    For those that needs it different SMTP servers with different SMTP
settings, different filters, different folders, different incoming mail
servers, in short, the ability to completely divorce two utterly different
roles of mail without having to apply the carpentry needed to built a small house.

    IE, when I get promoted if I have a completely separate account that is
handled properly I should be able to hand over any account associated with
that role to someone else without too much trouble for either of us.

> Or maybe it's been to long since I've used anything besides
> Mutt and the metaphor is completely lost on me. In that case it would be nice to
> find out what exactly mutt is lacking.

    I admit, it is one of those features where, if you've never really
utilized it it is hard to miss.  However it is also one of those features that
one finds indispensable once you've used it and grown used to it.  Kind of
like multiple-desktops that are everywhere except for Windowsland.  ;)