Re: A viable mutt

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your heads up on mbsync. I might try it with my GMail accounts, since
I still have them on POP precisely for the reason that mutt isn't really capable
of handling IMAP fine. But...

Quoth Steve Lamb
> ... The lack of multi-account functionality...

What exactly are your issues with Mutt not handling multiple accounts? I use
about 4 accounts with Mutt just fine. fetchmail downloads from them all, piping
into procmail which actually doesn't really look at the (Delivered-)To: header,
since I don't care which account a mail was sent to. Then when sending the mail,
I can set the From: field easily (I actually have keyboard macros for my four
accounts).

The problem is that Mutt is agnostic to 'accounts', I'll give you that one, but
I don't think it'd a useful feature -- think about it, what's an account other
than a From: field? Or maybe it's been to long since I've used anything besides
Mutt and the metaphor is completely lost on me. In that case it would be nice to
find out what exactly mutt is lacking.

Best,
Aleks

PS: I think that Claws Mail is a GUI application that has many of Mutt's
benefits (including list-reply and the usage of an external editor). Well,
except it's a graphical application and it's not so easily scriptable...