Re: type 1 fonts (without X11)? [actually not SOLVED at all

Shachar Or on 20/08/08 21:25, wrote:
On Wednesday 20 August 2008 23:14, Adam Hardy wrote:
Chris Bannister on 20/08/08 11:56, wrote:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 12:43:27AM +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
How can I get the type 1 fonts (without installing X11 which is the only
way I found by searching the net)?

I am using ntop which is throwing an error:

Error: fontconfig: Didn't find expected font family. Perhaps URW Type 1
fonts need installing? : Helvetica
ntop:
Suggests: graphviz, gsfonts
It was in fact xfonts-75dpi or xfonts-100dpi that got some helvetica fonts
onto my system.

But I still have the error above.

When I installed xfonts-75dpi, it gave me the warning:

Setting up xfonts-75dpi (1.0.0-3) ...
warning: /usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi does not exist or is not a directory

Is it trying to say I need the whole xorg or it's not going to work?

This is a knows bug. in fontconfig, IIRC. I think that this can be workedaround by 'touch /usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi'.

Thanks for the info. Still get the error about helvetica above, and the package still complains on reinstall (as above).

I made 75dpi a directory, as it is on my machine which does have xorg.

Perhaps there's a reconfig I need to run to do with fontconfig? I'm going to leave this til tomorrow.

Thanks
Adam