Differences in PCI boards...

Update:

I opened the case on my Dell Inspiron 530 PC, and the PCI connectors
have the "fence" near the end of the connector fartherest from the rear
of the PC (so that they WILL accept a 5v PCI card (which have a slot in
the connector at that position).  But the 530 user's manual (in the
appendix) says that those PCI connectors are "PCI 2.3", and the
information I've seen about PCI 2.3 says that the fence in the connector
should be near the opposite end (closest to the rear of the PC).  So
there is an inconsistency here.  I've got an email in to Dell to try to
get a definitive answer.

	Mike Fontenot