Re: CUPS problem

On Friday 15 August 2008 05:16, Alexander Petrov wrote:
> Hi everyone,I have Debian Etch 2.6.18-i686  on AMDSempron 3000+. I want to
> install my HP DeskJet 920C on it. I downloaded the recomended driver
> HP_deskjet_920C_hpijs.ppd from linuxprinting.org and installed it through
> CUPS installation. The printer appeared it the Gnome panel. When I tried to
> print nothing happened. The print jobs were in 'stopped' state. Any help
> would be appreciated.

  Check the logs, cups is reasonably good about being informative
there.  You can check them from the browser-client thing,
in which case you want "error logs", or just look in /var/log
for something plausible.

  Sometimes ppd files depend on other things being installed --
I recently ran into this with a third-party ppd file for a Dell
printer that needed the "foomatic" driver package in order to
work.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net