Re: I/O error reading swsusp image with 2.6.18-6-686

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 05:43:56PM -0400, John Fleming wrote:
> It's been over 48 hrs, and I didn't get a single bite on this, so thought
> I'd try again.  I have a problem that only raises it's head with the
> 2.6.18-6-686 kernel, but not the 2.6.18-4-686:
[snip]
> Does anyone know anything about this?  I have no idea why it's talking about
> swsusp.  (The uswsusp package is not installed, and there hasn't been any
> suspending going on that I know about.)

I just want to know that you are not being ignored.  If you have no
packages related to *susp either installed or even with config files
present, and especially if you never have, then I don't have an answer.

I agree that it puts you in a bind since IIRC the reason for 2.6.18-6
to replace the -4 was for security fixes.

Since the change was done by the security team, have you tried emailing
them directly?

Doug.