Re: apt-get dist-upgrade failure

Sorry guys, haven't been able to use that box until now.

On 5/16/08, Mike Bird <mgb-debian@yosemite.net> wrote:
On Fri May 16 2008 18:05:57 Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:

> Manu Hack wrote:
> > is so weird that even sudo rm
> > /usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/libbonobo-2.0.mo
> > said I don't have the permission to do so.
> > (Operation not permitted)
>

> Try becoming root with 'sudo -i' and remove that file. root should be
> able to delete any regular file irrespective of whether it is being used
> or not. Nobody tells root he can't do something (outside of some special
> directories). You should suspect something seriously wrong if your
> system behaves otherwise.

That's not quite true.  Attributes such as immutable are
sometimes set by malware or disk errors.  OP please show
us the output of the following two commands:

file /usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/libbonobo-2.0.mo

/usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/libbonobo-2.0.mo: GNU message catalog (little endian), revision 0, 106 messages

lsattr -d /usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES

suSDiadAc-ZXEj-tT- /usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/libbonobo-2.0.m

What's happening?

Manu