Re: .xsession-errors query

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:48 PM, jamie <jamie@fastmail.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wanted to ask a question about the file ".xsession-errors", namely its
> contents.
>
> Inside this file in my home directory is see this:
>
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>  Major opcode:  19
>    Minor opcode:  0
>      Resource id:  0x2200008
>      X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>        Major opcode:  19
>          Minor opcode:  0
>            Resource id:  0x1800002
>            X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>              Major opcode:  19
>                Minor opcode:  0
>                  Resource id:  0x1c00008
>                  X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>                    Major opcode:  20
>                      Minor opcode:  0
>                        Resource id:  0x1c00008
>
> I don't know what this means and if it's something i should be worried
> about. I wondered if anyone could explain it to me and advise if there's
> anything i need to do to stop these error messages.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Jamie
>

> --

Hey,

I really wouldn't worry about those errors. Most likely cause is some
minor program bugs, and thats  the problem of individual application
developers, in fact at a glance, they strike as the type of bugs that
are so minor that nobody is going to bother fixing because its just
not worth the effort.
--
Jamie

(p.s. I think the fact I got exactly same name as you may cause some
confusion! In fact, reading you message rather caught me out, because
you even seem to use the same posting format as me... )