Re: Assumed bug in Debian Sid: monitor cannot be reconfigured with dpkg-reconfigure

Uwe Bugla wrote:
I am running the latest Debian Lenny / Sid combination and wanted to adjust a workstation to another monitor.

Traditionallly that works by the following command:
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg.

If I run that command, the script ends up with the question whether to emulate a 3-button mouse or not.

Can someone reading this reproduce this bug?
Can you please fix it?

I can verify the same. after running 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' we could reconfigure keyboard and mouse but nothing else. the xorg.conf file says something like "pre-configured device" (not at machine currently) for monitor and video card.

my question is where are the actual configuration settings located if they are no longer in /etc/X11/xorg.conf? i want to help set up a friends ATI video card and i normally edit the xorg.conf file to load the modules for 3D output.

i thought my friend was crazy last night when i was trying to help him over the phone and he couldn't find the xorg.config section i was telling him to go to. now i will have to buy him a beer or something... :-/