Re: Using 2.6.25 + Nvidia + VMware

> Dave, thanks for pointing out the v86d error in the wiki.
> But AFAIK in Debian kernels vesafb has always been compiled into the
> kernel, not as a module, making its inclusion in the initrd unnecessary.

  That's what I thought, as well.

When I checked the 'initrd.img-<version>' file, it wasn't there.
When I added 'vesafb' to /etc/initramfs-tools/modules, and ran
'update-initramfs', I was able to use VESA FB.

  When I get some time, I'll ask some maintainers about it.  This may actually be a bug... or it might not.

Dave W.