Re: no sound on Toshiba Tecra T9100

Jamie Griffin wrote:
On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 07:44:10PM +0200, Till Wimmer wrote:
Hello all

i installed Debian Lenny on a Toshiba T9100 laptop. Everything works fine except of the sound. All the alsa modules are loaded,
the gnome volume panel is available etc. No error messages "device busy" or similar, just NO SOUND :<

Any idea on how to get sound out of my box?

Thank you in advance -
Till

I had a similar problem and running "alsaconf" from a root shell did the
trick.

You might also want to make sure your user is a member of the audio group. A common gotcha is that if you create a new user using useradd and don't specify group membership - your new account wont be a member of the audio group and thus sound probably wont work.

You can check this quickly from the command line whilst logged in as your user account (not root). Just run the command: groups

You should see a list of group memberships as the result, and audio should be one of them.

HTH
Jaime