Re: Blue movies - literally!

Nicolas George wrote:
Le septidi 27 floréal, an CCXVI, Raj Kiran Grandhi a écrit :

I am not so sure of vlc and others. Be aware, however, that the software
based rendering and scaling are significantly slower and highly cpu
intensive.

With recent computers, that is not an issue except for very high-definition
video.

On the other hand, simple X11-based rendering does not do any screen blank
synchronization: it gives terrible tearing effects.

A color problem may be caused by incorrect parameters for brightness /
contrast / saturation. I suggest to install xvattr and play with its GUI. I
can not understand why this tool is not available in Debian.

Regards,

Hi Nick

Actually, xvattr *is* available - at least apt-cache search showed it, and I'm using Lenny. Anyway, on your advice, I downloaded and installed the app and ran it, set the video section to defaults and viola! Seemingly, the problem is fixed. I'll give it a few more days just to make sure, but looks good so far.

Many thanks