Re: Firefox irresponsible

Jean-Louis Crouzet wrote:
Carl Fink wrote:
On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 08:21:43AM +0200, Jean-Louis Crouzet wrote:
Carl Fink wrote:
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 06:32:22PM +0200, Jean-Louis Crouzet wrote:

FF, Iceweasel, Konqueror same battle (perhaps slightly better for konqueror but por flash support).

Well I do not want to argue no more, thanks for reading I'm going to surf IE7... just kidding.
Dillo?  If you need Flash support, Epiphany?

I'm not able to understand (I'm not English fluent to get it clear) your message. Would you mind please elaborating?

Dillo is an extremely simple, extremely fast graphical web browser.  By
design it does not support advanced features like plugins.

Epiphany is a graphical browser that uses the same Gecko rendering engine as Firefox, but is otherwise independent. It's significantly smaller, uses
less RAM, and can still play Flash.
Hello Carl,

You definitely made my day with Ephipany which works like a charm even with flash used under MySpace (Music for instance). I haven't yet come to a lock-up even using few tabs and it's light weight. I really enjoying it.
THANKS.

Regards,
JL

Shoot too fast, I crashed again on MySpace with Epiphany....
I tried Dillo, nice but too restricted for what I need.

Thks,
JL

You might want to try out Kazehakase. I've been testing it out for a few days now and it runs on the Gecko engine or WebKit (you get to choose) - seems to be absolutely fine and runs youtube vids, if that's important, as well as myspace.

Only thing two things I'd like to see at this point is: (a) when opening a new tab, I'd like the text cursor to automatically be ready to type into the address bar and (b) a quick and easy way to delete personal data like Iceweasel (and Opera, I think) has. Other than that - Kazehakase is working just fine for me.

HtH