Re: reportbug problem

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 05/16/08 09:55, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
I tried to file a bug via reportbug yesterday, and it was not
sent. Instead, the mail message was saved as a file in /var/tmp.
I've successfully sent bug reports through reportbug in the past,
so what could be the matter now? Using Sid.

I've given up on trying to send with reportbug. It never works because
of exim.

So I use 2 steps:
report bug
send via gmail whatever got generated in /tmp

Saves the headaches.

If your ISP has an smtp server, send it thru them.

That'll be AT&T.
Other than cleaning out my inbox of pure spam (228 today) I stay away from them. Never disturb a sleeping dog.

Hugo