Re: Problems with amavis and clamav

Rico Secada wrote:
# Default antivirus checking mode
# Uncomment the two lines below to enable it back
#

#@bypass_virus_checks_maps = (
#   \%bypass_virus_checks, \@bypass_virus_checks_acl, \
# $bypass_virus_checks_re);

You could also comment the clam-av sections in /etc/amavis/conf.d/15-av_scanners

> ClamAV-clamd: Can't connect to UNIX socket /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl
> WARN: all primary virus scanners failed, considering backups: 344 Time
> (s) (!!) ClamAV-clamd av-scanner FAILED: Too many retries to talk
> to /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl
> TROUBLE in check_mail: virus_scan FAILED: virus_scan: ALL VIRUS
> SCANNERS FAILED: ClamAV-clamd av-scanner FAILED: Too many retries to
> talk to /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl

It's possible that this isn't caused by amavisd-new. Are you sure nothing of Clam is installed? "ClamAV-clamd" at the beginning of that line suggests to me that clamd is doing the logging.

--kj